2021 Wisconsin Wedding Giveaway
SAVE THE DATE: 06.26.2021
It is with great excitement we share the moment that your devoted vendors have been working towards with absolute fervor… Our gift to you. You, the community who has supported us in good times and who deserves to be honored, even in (and perhaps especially in) times of challenge.
The Who (You): We would love to hear from you if you have been impacted by the pandemic. The goal is to serve someone who deserves to be served. You can submit an entry on your own behalf, or if you know someone with a story that moves you, you can submit on their behalf. (We will need the couple’s permission as their story might become public.) Entries should be thoughtful, heartfelt submissions.
Please submit a story, via letter or video, about why this should be your wedding. Each story must be 500 words or less if written, or 120 seconds or less if recorded.
Submissions should be sent to email@example.com. Subject line of the email should be “2021 Wisconsin Wedding Giveaway Entry: <Insert Couples Full Legal Names>”.
Submissions must also include a photo of the couple (JPG format only) as well as their state of residence. All images and videos submitted must be suitable for children and publication, may not contain any logos or trademarks and may not promote any product or brand.
Entries must be submitted by June 15, 2020.
For further details and rules, please see the giveaway rules below.
The Who (Us): We are a large group of quality vendors who care about this project and giving back. As we came together to create this experience, it was INCREDIBLE how excited each individual vendor was to participate, selflessly. We are all so excited and honored to be a part of your special day. Please visit the adjacent column to see each participating, individual vendor. PLEASE FOLLOW, AND LIKE, ALL VENDORS ON SOCIAL MEDIA. ALL UPDATES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS, SUCH AS THE WINNER, WILL BE PROVIDED ON INSTAGRAM. Their handles and websites have been provided for your convenience and enjoyment.
The What: The selected couple will win a complete wedding giveaway to include 150 guests of your choice. No gimmicks. No purchase necessary; simply a wedding from us to you. We included the crucial components of your wedding day without removing your ability to add your own personal style.
The Where: The wedding ceremony and reception will take place at a stunning outdoor venue in the driftless area of Blue Mounds, Wisconsin providing panoramic views of Blue Mound State Park, beautiful farm-scapes and rolling hills. You will be provided with details that enhance your surroundings such as a clear top tent and other quality details (again by your generous vendors) to perfect your day.
The When: June 26, 2021 (Could this be your anniversary?!? )
The Why: This idea was born from the desire to serve. A desire to stop sitting unwillingly idle and instead provide, in the best way we know how, a service to the community of people who are either keeping us afloat or who have been deeply affected by the changes around us. A desire to put together a fairytale story for a deserving couple.
THE GENEROUS VENDORS
Prevailing Winds Lodge. Prevailing Winds Lodge has generously offered their outdoor wedding ceremony and reception venue. In addition, the couple and their guests we be given a 4 night stay in The Lodge over their wedding weekend. The couple will have the ability to host their rehearsal dinner as well as a morning after brunch or gift opening at The Lodge. Prevailing Winds Lodge will provide the luxury restroom trailer. To ease the couple’s minds, Prevailing Winds Lodge will also provide wedding event coordination and day of wedding coordination.
Hy-Vee. Fitchburg Hy-Vee has generously offered wedding flowers up to $1,000 – flowers created by Scott Ellingboe, Designer AIFD, CFD. Fitchburg Hy-Vee and the 2 Madison Hy-Vee locations are coming together to generously offer catering for 150 guests. Catering will consist of an entrée, sides, bread and salad.
Twig & Olive Photography. Twig & Olive has generously offered a full engagement photo session as well as photography for the wedding day.
Briggs Tent and Party Rental. Briggs has generously offered their amazing clear span tent which features a clear roof and sides as well as complete lighting. The tent will accommodate up to 150 guests.
DeGroot Film Co. DeGroot has generously offered a 6 hour videography session which includes travel time. Drone services will also be provided if conditions allow.
Blissful Honeymoons. Blissful has generously offered an all-expenses paid, 3 night honeymoon package to an all-inclusive, adult-only, resort.
Chalmers Jewelers. Chalmers has generously offered a $1,500 gift card so that the lucky couple can choose that perfect custom jewelry.
Lanza Photography. Lanza has generously offered the 1st anniversary photo shoot for the lucky couple.
Craig’s Cake Shop. Craig’s has generously offered a 2-3 tiered wedding cake with custom flavors and design plus sheet cakes for a total of 150 servings. The couple will enjoy a private, in-person tasting to design their wedding cake. As with all wedding orders, the couple will also receive a fresh 1st anniversary cake.
Vera’s House of Bridals. Vera’s has generously offered a $500 gift card so that the lucky couple can choose the gown style that fits them best.
Bob’s Copy Shop. Bob’s has generously offered to create stunning wedding invitations and day of printing needs for the lucky couple.
Kendra Gassner Hair + Makeup Artistry. Kendra and her team have generously offered to provide makeup services for the bridal party.
Bartender 608 Intoxicologists and Cocktail Caterers. Bartender 608 has generously offered to provide 8 hours of full bar service for 150 guests.
Total Wine & More. Total Wine (Madison, West Towne Mall) has generously offered to provide wine and spirits for the wedding reception.
Miller & Sons Supermarkets. Miller & Sons has generously offered a $500 gift card so that the lucky couple can choose the beverages and/or food that suits their taste.
Hampton Inn & Suites Madison West. North Central Group has generously offered 2 complimentary rooms for the night of your wedding at their amazing Hampton Inn & Suites Madison West hotel.
Wedding Planner & Guide. Wedding Planner & Guide has been a great partner in organizing this Giveaway. We could not have created the Giveaway without Dana’s knowledge and expertise. They have also generously offered to create community awareness through their social media presence.
Mount Horeb Chamber of Commerce. MHCC has generously offered to create community awareness through their social media presence.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER, WIN OR CLAIM A PRIZE
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
The 2021 Wisconsin Wedding Giveaway (“Giveaway”) is sponsored by local Wisconsin businesses and is administered by Prevailing Winds Lodge LLC (“Administrator”), 2195 County Road Z, Blue Mounds, WI 53517.
1. Give It Away Now Period: The Giveaway entry period begins on May 6, 2020, and ends at 11:59 pm Central Standard Time ("CST") on June 15, 2020 (“Entry Period”), followed by a review period (“Review Period”) which begins June 16, 2020, and ends June 26, 2020. Winner will be announced via Instagram on June 26, 2020 (“Award Period”). The Administrator’s computer is the official clock of the Giveaway. The Entry Period, Review Period and Award Period are together referred to as the “Giveaway Period.”
2. Eligibility: This Giveaway is offered to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (except where prohibited) who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. To enter, you must have a valid email address. To receive the prize package, the winning couple must each have a valid United States Passport and/or a valid Driver License issued by their state of residence and be able to obtain a valid marriage license in Dane County, Wisconsin (please visit the Dane County Clerk’s Office for marriage license requirements) if the couple is not already married. Employees, owners, and agents of any of the participating sponsors, the Administrator, and each of their respective affiliated entities participating in the Giveaway (“Giveaway Vendors”), and the members of each of their immediate families are not eligible to enter or win.
3. This is how you… Enter: During the Entry Period, an eligible couple must email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of “2021 Wisconsin Wedding Giveaway Entry – [INSERT COUPLE’S FULL LEGAL NAMES]”. The email must include the story of how the couple has been affected by the pandemic. Each story must be less than 500 words. The couple’s email must also include their state of residence and an image of the couple. The image must be in JPG format. In lieu of a story, a couple may submit a video which is not longer than 120 seconds. The image or video submitted must be suitable for children and publication, may not contain any logos or trademarks and may not promote any product or brand. The couple must have permission to use any name, image or likeness in their submission and the Administrator may request proof of such permission at any time. Once submitted, the couple will receive one (1) entry into the Giveaway (“Entry”). The Administrator shall only share the winning couple’s email address with the Giveaway Vendors. The Administrator may request additional information from any entrant at any time prior to the Prize being awarded. The Administrator will not accept, or return, phone calls, voicemails or text messages from any Giveaway entrants. Participation in this Giveaway constitutes the entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Giveaway Rules and Administrator’s decisions and interpretations, which shall be final and binding in all matters related to the Giveaway. ONLY ONE ENTRY IS PERMITTED PER COUPLE DURING THE GIVEAWAY PERIOD. THE ADMINISTRATOR MAY, IN IT’S SOLE DISCRETION, DISQUALIFY ANY COUPLE THAT SUBMITS MORE THAN ONE (1) ENTRY OR SUBMITS AN ENTRY WHICH VIOLATES THESE GIVEAWAY RULES. ENTRY MUST NOT CONTAIN ANY VIRUSES OR OTHER MALICIOUS COMPONENTS THAT MAY HARM A COMPUTER OR PHONE. Each couple who enters this Giveaway hereby agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Giveaway Vendors from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of entrant couple under these Giveaway Rules.
4. Winner Winner…: Each eligible Entry will be reviewed by the Administrator, the Administrator’s representatives and a panel of judges comprised of certain Giveaway Vendors (“Selection Group”). The Selection Group may disqualify any entrant couple that would cancel existing contracts with other local vendors in the event such entrant couple is the winner. The winner will be chosen in the sole discretion of the Selection Group. Any winner chosen by the Selection Group will be considered a “potential winner” until verification of their eligibility and compliance with the Giveaway Rules has been completed. If the Giveaway winner is found to be ineligible or does not comply with these Giveaway Rules they will be disqualified and the Selection Group will choose a new Giveaway winner. The Selection Group’s decision shall be the final and binding selection of the Giveaway winner.
5. Prizes and oh yeah, there’s Value: The prize may include the following services for a limit of 150 guests: (a) wedding ceremony site; (b) wedding reception site; (c) wedding flowers; (d) wedding catering; (e) wedding cake or dessert; (f) engagement and wedding photography; (g) wedding videography; (h) gift card towards wedding apparel; (i) beverage service; (j) event tent with lighting; (k) event tables, chairs, linens and dancefloor; (l) photography session for 1st wedding anniversary; (m) gift card towards beverage purchases; (n) gift card towards wedding jewelry; (o) wedding music service; (p) lodging on the wedding night; (q) wedding stationary; (r) hair and makeup services; and (s) luxury restroom trailer (each a “Prize Component” and collectively, the “Prize”). The entrant couple shall not negotiate any services with any Giveaway Vendor that would exceed the services required for 150 total guests. Components of the prize may be added or subtracted at any time in the sole discretion of the Administrator. Giveaway Vendors for each component of the prize may be substituted at any time in the sole discretion of the Administrator. No substitution or exchange of the prize shall be allowed except in the sole discretion of the Administrator. The prize may not be transferred without the express written consent of the Administrator. Neither the Administrator nor any Giveaway Vendor shall be responsible for any Prize Component that is unavailable due to local or state restrictions or governmental order. The winner shall be solely responsible for payment of any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes for any Prize won and for all other costs and expenses not expressly set forth herein. The approximate retail value of the total prize is $50,000. The prize must be completed by October 31, 2021, or will be automatically forfeited.
6. Get your Prize: Potential winners will be notified directly via email. Winner will also be announced on Instagram. The potential winner must provide a sworn statement of eligibility, a liability release and a publicity release within 72 hours of being notified of being selected as the winner or the Prize will be forfeited in its entity and awarded to another winner at the sole discretion of the Administrator. The Administrator may issue an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099-MISC to the Prize winner.
7. Privacy and Publicity: All personal information received by the Administrator during the Giveaway may be used by the Administrator and/or the Giveaway Vendors for the administration of the Giveaway. By participating in the Giveaway and/or accepting the Prize, the winner agrees to allow the Administrator, and/or the Administrator’s agents, the right, in perpetuity, to use the winner’s names, personal information, photos, video images, audio recordings and written statements for promotion, publicity and advertising purposes, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, including but not limited to internet, radio and television, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law.
8. Dispute This: THIS GIVEAWAY IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF WISCONSIN. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN DANE COUNTY, WISCONSIN. IF ANY DISPUTE CANNOT RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION RULES AND PROCEDURES. THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED IN ARBITRATION AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN THE STATE OF WISCONSIN. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OR TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. ANY DEMAND FOR ARBITRATION MUST BE FILED WITHIN TWELVE (12) MONTHS OF THE TIME THE CAUSE OF ACTION OCCURED OR THE CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE BARRED FOREVER.
9. This and That: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Giveaway Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. Administrator’s failure to enforce any term of these Giveaway Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision and such provision shall remain in full force and effect. In the event of any conflict with any Giveaway details contained in these Giveaway Rules and the Giveaway details contained in any promotional materials, the details of the Giveaway as set forth in these Giveaway Rules shall control. If the Giveaway is not capable of running as planned or is severely undermined by any event beyond the control of Administrator, including but not limited to any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, pandemic, virus, epidemic, fire, flood, earthquake, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, infection by computer virus, equipment failure, or other cause not reasonably within the control of the Administrator (each an event of “Force Majeure”), the Administrator, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the Giveaway and/or proceed with the Giveaway, including the selection of a winner in a manner the Administrator deems fair and reasonable, including the selection of an alternate winner. The Administrator, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the Giveaway at any time. This Giveaway is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. WARNING: ANY ACTION WHICH INTENTIONALLY DAMAGES ANY WEBSITE, SOCIAL MEDIA PRESENCE OR UNDERMINES THE OPERATION OF THIS GIVEAWAY IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. THE ADMINISTRATOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND/OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT.